E-JUST has been established through partnership between governments of Egypt and Japan. One of its aims is to transfer Japanese technology to Egyptian market with concentration on industrial applications. In this context, CINTECH was established to act as the core organization for promoting university-industry collaborations at E-JUST. In order to be part of a larger community, CINTECH entered into partnership with Technology Innovation Commercialization Office TICO at Academy of Scientific Research and Technology ASRT, Egypt. The partnership supports CINTECH throughout training, networking with other TICO partners and technical support in patents and prototypes.
The center serves industry via range of client-driven services some of which technical consultations, joint researches and R&D based on protection of intellectual property rights. CINTECH contributes to community development by supporting SMEs of Borg El-Arab and makes university stat-of-the art labs equipments available to industry.
Vision and Mission
To lead the way of serving industrial community in Alexandria and nationwide starting from Borg EL-Arab.
To have substantial contribution to industry and economy at large by transferring technology, strengthening intellectual property environment, linking academia with industry and transferring Japanese experience. All this will be through qualified Egyptians and Japanese experts.
1- Promoting collaboration between the University and Industry;
2- Transferring Technology to Industry throughout providing technical consultancy, commercialization and research and development; and
3- Supporting SMEs by enhancing its competitiveness and productivity through state-of-the-art engineering solution.
Center of Innovative Technology (CINTECH)
Egypt-Japan University for Science and Technology (E-JUST)
Office #1, Building #1, University campus
P.O. Box 179, New Borg El-Arab City Postal Code 21934, Alexandria, Egypt
Tel.: (03) 45 99 814
Fax: (03) 45 99 814
CINTEC currently consists of 4 offices which are:
1- Industry Liaison Office:
– Induce industry to engage with E-JUST in longer term research projects;
– Conduct market studies to determine industry needs of scientific research;
– Determine economic feasibility of innovative ideas; and
– Sustain and develop relationship with the industry.
Offices in partnership with TICO
2- Technology Transfer Office:
– Evaluate inventions to assess commercialization options;
– Decide on granting Licenses and licensing strategies;
– Assess, jointly with industry liaison unit, university inventions for commercial potential and implements
appropriate forms for intellectual property protection to maximize industry interest; and
– Marketing and licensing E-JUST inventions to industry partners for development of useful
products and services.
3- Technology, Innovation Support Center
– Create a university environment that encourages the generation of new knowledge by faculty,
staff, and students;
– Develop appropriate protection and transfer strategies to maximize the value and usage of
E-JUST intellectual property;
– Protect university invented knowledge and ideas throughout patents, copyrights, trademarks
and trade secrets; and
– Eliminate the infringement, improper exploitation and abuse of the University’s intellectual
assets belonging to the University or the other persons.
4- Grants, International Cooperation Office
– Support and advise E-JUST academic community in securing external support for sponsored
projects and collaborations;
– Provide comprehensive support to members of E-JUST research community engaged in the
preparation and submission of research proposals;
– Manage awards, including all non-financial administration, compliance issues, reporting
oversight and administrative project close out; and
– Responsible for ensuring all research proposals and projects adhere to E-JUST academic
and research policies and meet its obligations to external sponsors.
Services to Industry:
1- Technical and engineering consultations: CINTECH pools equipment and capabilities with skilled
Competencies, the know-how and the technological processes to provide powerful, innovative
and impactful solutions for designing and manufacturing. We support design, analysis,
prototyping, technology and process transfer to commercial and non-profit partners and
consulting services for equipment selection.
2- Research and development (R&D): CINTECH provides technical expertise for new product or process
development, utilizes university testing facilities and equipment for new products or processes and
develops solutions to comply with changing legislation
3- Training courses: Tailored theoretical and onsite training of your choose. (See fileds of expertise)
4- Using university labs equipment by industry and researchers against fees. (See university equipment)
Services to Academia and Inventors:
1. Patent services for academics and students: Protecting university invented knowledge and ideas
throughout patents, copyrights and industrial designs >>>See Patenting Your Invention!
2. Facilitate commercialization of inventions: Marketing and licensing E-JUST inventions to industry
partners for development of useful products and services.
Fields of Expertise:
CINTEC enjoys multiple areas of industrial expertise:
1- Productivity and quality improvement
2- Project Management
3- Reverse engineering
4- Energy efficiency
5- Renewable energy
6- Industrial waste management
7- Petrochemicals engineering
9- Robotics engineering
10- Electronics and communications engineering
For patenting your Invention, the following steps must be taken:
1- Invention disclosure must be filled. It is a contract between the inventors and CINTEH to protect the
invention from disclosure.
2- CINTECH will perform a pre-filing search to make sure that the invention meets patents criteria Protection
and S.T.A.R.T Evaluation system will be applied. STARTE assesses objectively the likelihood that new
technologies will be of interest to potential licensees.
3- If protection is justifiable, researcher must fill in the following documents to be presented to the Egyptian
• Deposit Record of Patent Application Documents
• Application for a Patent or Utility Certificate
• Patent / Utility Form Arabic Abstract
• Patent / Utility Form English Abstract
• Full Description of the Patent
• Workplace information sheet
What is Intellectual property (IP)?
Intellectual property (IP) refers to creations of the mind: inventions, literary and artistic works, and
symbols, names, images, and designs used in commerce.
What are IP Rights:
Intellectual property rights are the rights given to persons over the creations of their minds. They usually give the creator an exclusive right over the use of his/her creation for a certain period of time.
What are the most common Types of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR)?
• Patent: A patent is an exclusive right granted for an invention, which is a product or a process that
provides, in general, a new way of doing something, or offers a new technical solution to a problem.
In order to be patentable, the invention must fulfill certain conditions
• Copyright: Copyright is a legal term describing rights given to creators for their literary and artistic work.
• Trademark: A trademark is a recognizable sign, design or expression which identifies products or services
of a particular source from those of others.
• Trade secret: A trade secret can be a formula pattern device or other information which is used in
business and gives an opportunity to obtain an advantage over competitors.
• Designs: Designs protect the appearance of a product/logo, from the shape of an aeroplane to a fashion
What is Technology Transfer?
It is the process of transferring scientific findings from the Academia to Industry for the purpose of practical application and commercialization
What is Commercialization?
Commercialization is the process of getting your invention, whether patented or not, to the market.
What are possible Commercialization options?
• Licensing: It is granting exploitation rights over a patent/invention to a licensee which is an already
• Assignment: Assignment is the sale and transfer of ownership of the patent by the assignor to the
• Start up: A start-up is a company typically created to develop a particular technology for commercialization
and it is designed to search for a repeatable and scalable business model.
What are Spin-outs?
Spin-outs (Spin-offs or Starburst) is a firm formed when an employee or group of employees leaves an existing entity to form an independent start-up firm.
1- Info about intellectual property: www.wipo.int/about-ip/en/
2- Research, Development and Innovation program: http://www.rdi.eg.net/Pages/Default.aspx
3- Social fund for development: http://www.sfdegypt.org/web/sfd/home
4- Academy of Scientific Research and Technology (ASRT): http://www.asrt.sci.eg/
5- German aid agency: http://www.giz.de/en/