E-JUST QAA-Center (Proposal of ad-hoc QA Strategic Plan)
Strategy of Achieving the Objectives of the Center:
Since its establishment, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology Student Affairs Department has done some activities in the field of performance evaluation which involve the students in evaluating the educational progress. It designed and monitored the administration of a questionnaire for the evaluation of the performance of staff members and other elements of the educational process in the curriculum. This questionnaire was administered in most courses taught at all faculties of the university.
The members of the Center are now participating in improving the quality assurance strategy at Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST). The strategy will be endorsed by the university council. Till this can be achieved, the ad-hoc strategy of the University Quality Assurance and Accreditation Center is as follows.
- Making sure that staff members are fully convinced of the importance of the university performance evaluation and quality assurance through holding workshops and publishing the evaluation culture among staff members, students and administrative staff.
- Preparing workshops to train staff members at the faculties which will begin the implementation of the systems and mechanisms of quality assurance, especially in academic program and course specification and preparing their reports as well as the annual report of the faculty.
- Specifying the mechanisms, making the policies and setting the procedures required for the implementation of university performance evaluation and quality assurance.
- Following up and monitoring the establishment of a data base for the results of the faculties and studying these results as indicators of the university performance evaluation.
- Studying the suggestions submitted by the faculties to the Center and specifying the mechanisms and procedures required to develop the educational process.
- Analyzing the results of different evaluation activities related to all the elements of the educational process and making the suitable recommendations for the promotion of university performance.
- Preparing and assisting in preparing the forms and questionnaires required for quality assurance indicators at the faculties.
- Following up the action plans of the programs of the university's QA strategic plan.
- Internal quality control at the faculties and monitoring of the implementation of quality assurance mechanisms at different faculties.
- Encouraging the university faculties to assure the quality of their academic programs, scientific departments and administrative units and follow up the application of their annual action plans.
- Urging the faculties to apply for institutional accreditation for them and academic accreditation for their programs from accredited and well-reputed local, national and international organizations when they are ready for that.
Periodical follow-up of the evaluation and development of the educational process and obtaining accreditation for the scientific degrees of the academic programs and units at faculties
Proposed Items of the QA Strategic Plane
The Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology Quality Assurance and Accreditation Center (E-JUST-QAAC) shall be largely involved in the execution of the Development of a QA Strategy in E-JUST. This QA strategic plan will be outlined by members of E-JUST-QAAC and all the academic and nonacademic staff of E-JUST. The QA strategic plan is proposed to address the following items:
- Spreading and supporting the QA environment in the university.
B- Educational process:
- Assuring quality in the faculties bylaws (postgraduates and graduates levels).
- Assuring quality in educational sources.
- Assuring quality in students support.
- Assuring quality in methods of student assessment and examinations.
- Assuring quality of the faculty members' performance in educational matters.
- QA in the human resources involved in the educational process.
- External evaluation as a tool for QA in education.
- QA in the departmental system applied in E-JUST.
C- Graduate Studies, Research &Foreign Relations:
- Setting research plans for the university, faculties and departments.
- Establishing data base for research activities.
- Setting standards and performance indicators to measure research quality.
- Setting quality standards for granting scholarships; and finding means to follow-up the academic progress of the candidates; and setting up a mechanism to increase the cooperation and cultural accords with foreign universities and organizations.
- Setting a system to increase the awareness and commitment to the code of ethics on selecting and undertaking researches.
- Developing a plan to enhance financing of academic and applied researches and encourage externally supported joint research.
- Increasing the efficiency of the use of the university's scientific equipment, research centers, and laboratories.
- Developing graduate studies by-laws in the university and studying the establishment of a college for graduate studies.
- Setting standards and indicators to measure the quality of the educational process in graduate studies
D-Community Service & Environment Development:
- Setting up a plan for the university's contribution in community service and environment development.
- Environmental development.
- Establishing data-base for the contribution of the university in community service.
- Developing a system to integrate the educational process, scientific research, and community service
E- Administrative Affairs:
- Developing the administrative performance and the employees' competence; and providing the development requirements.
- Facilitating an appropriate environment for assuring quality of administrative work.
- Assessing the administrative performance of the university's employees.
F- Financial Affairs:
- Increasing the efficiency of the use of current financial resources in the university.
- Increasing the financial resources in the university.
G- Constructions and Infrastructure:
- Assuring quality in the university's constructions and infrastructure.