Call for Special Session Proposals
The 50th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering program is open to include special sessions proposals that are innovative, high-quality and potentially interdisciplinary topics that complement the regular program of the conference.
The aim of a special session is to provide an overview of the state-of-the-art as well as to highlight current research directions and challenges in specific fields relevant to the conference area and especially to the CIE50 theme “Sustainable and resilient systems for a smart dynamic world”.
Each special session must have at least one organizer and no more than two. The following information will be required for each proposed session.
- Organizer(s) Information
- Session Information: Special Session Title: and a short description of the proposed session
- Novelty and motivation
- Short Biography and photo of Organizers
- Potential Session Papers Information (papers titles and authors info)
Acceptance of Special Session
Proposals will be evaluated based on topic novelty and associated impact, organizing committee qualifications, as well as the proposed list of contributed papers.
Acceptance of Special Session Papers
Special session paper submitted to CIE 50 will be reviewed through the same process as regular submitted papers.
In case a Special Session is somewhat undersubscribed (due to paper rejections or a limited number of submissions), the program committee will try to identify regular submission papers to complete the session, as deemed appropriate by the committee.
If a Special Session is significantly undersubscribed, the Special Session will be canceled, in which case the accepted papers from the canceled Special Session will be placed into the regular program under the nearest topic.
Special Session Proposal Submission
Proposals should be sent in word format using the
- Special Session Submission Deadline: April 1st, 2020
- Special Session Proposal Approval: April 15th, 2020
- Special Session Paper Submission Deadline: May 15th, 2020
- Special Session Paper Acceptance Notification: June 15th, 2020
- Early Bird Registration Deadline: July 1st, 2020
- Final Paper Submission Deadline: August 15th, 2020