Visa requirements for Egypt
Egypt is one of most sought after tourist destinations around the world. People travel from far and wide to get inspired by the Egyptian historic places and fascinating landmarks. To help you sail through tourist visa application process, this guide will provide you with the information you need.
- Required for most nationalities prior to entering Egypt and must be obtained from Egyptian diplomatic missions in your country.
- A list of Egyptian consulates and embassies around the world (https://www.mfa.gov.eg/English/Ministry/Pages/contacts-egypt-empassys.aspx)
- Visa Application form (https://www.mfa.gov.eg/English/ConsularServices/Pages/VisaApplication.aspx)
- A 30-day tourist visas, single entry, costs US$25.
- Unless you are from one of the visa exempted countries, or countries that are eligible for e-Visa, or on arrival visa.
- Online visa, or e-Visa is available for 46 countries on (https://visa2egypt.gov.eg).
- The following is a list of countries eligible for the Egyptian e-Visa:
|Korea, Republic of||Latvia||Lithuania||Luxembourg||Macedonia|
|Sweden||Switzerland||United Kingdom||United States||Ukraine|
Visa on arrival
- Otherwise, visas can be purchased at the airport on arrival.
- The following is a list of countries eligible to obtain a visa on arrival to any Egyptian ports of entry:
|Macedonia||South Korea||Russian Federation||Serbia||Ukraine|
- On arrival at Cairo and Egypt’s other international airports, visas stickers are sold at a row of bank booths in every arrivals terminal. Purchase the visa sticker at the booth and then present it along with your arrival form and passport at the immigration desks.
- Tourist visas cost US$25 and are valid for 30 days.
- The visa can be purchased in US dollars, euros or British pounds.
- Your passport must be valid for at least six months from your date of entry.
Visa requirements for Egypt varies by country, for a comprehensive information about Egypt visa requirement, please visit:
Citizens of countries eligible to Egypt eVisa can access it from this website