The Photonics Systems Laboratory (PSL) has been initiated in 2012 with total of about EGP 2,500,000. Our team at Photonics Systems Laboratory, E-JUST, has been involved in research in optical fiber communications, free space optics, and silicon photonics.
Our mission is to inspire scientific innovations and reveal techniques to answer critical problems in optical communications and silicon photonics. To accomplish our goals, we are building up a unique facility developed from state-of-the-art equipment and devices.
- Silicon Photonics and Photonic Crystals
- Visible Light Communications (VLC)
- Free-Space Optics (FSO)
- Digital Signal Processing for optical Communication
- Optical Space- Division Multiplexing (SDM)
- Coherent Light wave Systems
- Optical transport and Access Networks
- Information Theory and Coding