Material comprehension is of major importance to the technology development in all issues of engineering.The program is focused on study of processing, characterization and applications relationship for a range of materials from nano to macro level for both experimental and theoretical prospects. The research programs offered by the Department of Material Science and Engineering aimed at covering all interdisciplinary areas of the field including nanotechnology, electronic materials, photonic materials, energy materials, biomaterials, computational materials and structural materials with applications in health care, communications, transportation, recreation, energy and electronics.
The department will be a nationally and internationally recognized leader in the education of students at the post graduate level in the field of materials science and engineering. E-JUST graduates will attain prominence in industry, government service, and academia. Its Staff will be nationally and internationally recognized in both instruction and discovery of new functional materials.
The Mission of the Department of Materials Science and Engineering is to provide graduates with a profound engineering education with specific emphasis on materials science and engineering in order to meet the needs of industry, academia, and government; to conduct research at the frontiers of the field; and to provide an integrating and leadership role to the broad multi-disciplinary materials community.
- To advance the state-of-the-art in the specialized fields of Materials Science and Engineering.
- To facilitate technology transfer through either industrial affiliates or spin-off companies.
- To develop distinctive education and training in materials science and engineering.
- To prepare graduates to pursue a broad range of materials-related career opportunities.
- To prepare graduates with strong foundation in the basic engineering and scientific principles which underlie the structure, processing, properties, and performance of materials, thereby enabling the effective adaptation or extension to new technology as the needs of the profession and society evolve.
- To prepare graduates to be ethically communicate and to work effectively and efficiently as individuals and/or team as members.