Basic and Applied Science Institute
- Graphene/-based materials for flexible and wearable electronics (Flexible energy harvesting devices: piezoelectric Nano generator-Nano biosensors- Mechanical sensors- Gas sensors- capacitive touch sensors, Temperature sensors-IR detection sensors).
- Mesoporous materials and their application in sensors, catalysis, adsorbents and drug delivery, etc.
- Bulk and thin film materials for energy storage (supercapacitors, Batteries),
Energy generation (H2 generation) and conversion (thermoelectric devices)
- Nanostructured conducting polymers and their application in sensors, Catalysis, photocatalysis, nanocoating, drug delivery, super adsorbents, etc.
- Carbon-based nanostructures for optical, industrial, and medical application.
- Solar energy conversion into chemical energy (solar cells, solar fuels, etc).
- Nanostructured coating for corrosion protection and thermal management.
2. Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Computational methods for ordinary, fractional and partial differential equations.
- Stochastic modelling.
- Dynamical systems.
- Quantum computing.
- Fractional Calculus and applications.
- Applications of numerical methods to science and engineering.
3. Energy Materials
- Quantum nanostructures for optoelectronics, Thermoelectricity and Energy application.
- Quantum Dots for solar cells, photoenergy & Medical Therapy.
- Characterization for novel semiconductors materials in space missions.
- Impact of radiation in space environment.
- Medical / Pharmaceutical Biotechnology: diagnostics; therapeutics.
- Microbiological Biotechnology: Host – pathogen interface, bio-active products
- Agricultural Biotechnology: Microbiology, pest / disease control; GMO`s.
- Medicinal Chemistry: Drug Design, development and delivery.
- Active pharmaceutical ingredients: synthesis, formulation and scale up.