Basic and Applied Science Institute
- Carbon-based nanostructures (Carbon nanofibers, CNTs, graphene ,etc) materials for energy generation, conversion and storage (photo-hydrogen generation, supercapacitors, batteries, fuel cells, QDDSCs).
- Inorganic and organic thermoelectric materials.
- Sensing and remediation of water for the toxic and radioactive elements.
- Conducting polymer nanofilms and their application in sensors and catalysis.
- Nanocatalyts for micro-reaction systems and high and low temperature synthesis applications (pharmaceutical and petrochemical).
- Electro-optical characterization of carbon nanostructures by using advanced laser photolysis techniques.
- Inorganic material/organic polymer nanocomposites and their application in sensors, catalysis, photocatalysis, drug delivery and super adsorbents.
- Electrical conductive nanofibers elastomers and graphene for flexible printed electronics and, mechanical and gas sensing applications.
- Mesoporous materials and their application in sensors, catalysis and drug delivery.
- Carbon nanostructures for medical applications (light therapy and drug delivery).
- Nanostructured conducting polymers and their application for adsorbing and sensing pollutants.
- Nanostructured coatings for corrosion protection and thermal management.
2. Applied and Computational Mathematics
- Computational methods for ordinary, fractional and partial differential equations
- Stochastic modelling
- Dynamical systems
- Quantum computing
- Fractional Calculus and applications
- Applications of numerical methods to science and engineering
3. Energy Materials
- Physics of solar cells devices
- Physics of semiconductors for energy applications.
- Quantum structures for optoelectronics.
- Physics of nanoelectronics and spintronics materials.
- Solar fuels: Conversion of light energy into chemical energy.
- Nanocrystalline Thin film Solar Cells.
- Nanocrystalline Carbon Quantum Dots for Photoenergy & Medical Therapy.
- Thin film and bulk thermoelectric materials.
- Characterization of novel semiconductors materials in space missions
- Impact of radiation in space environment
- Medical / Pharmaceutical Biotechnology: Biomarkers; therapeutics.
- Microbiological Biotechnology: Host – pathogen interface, bio-active products
- Environmental Biotechnology: pollutants, ecosystems.
- Agricultural Biotechnology: Pest / disease control; GMO’s.