Faculty of Engineering
Radio Frequency Integrated Circuits and Systems
- Design of integrated circuits for wireless power transfer systems
- Design of low phase noise CMOS oscillators for millimeter wave applications
- Sensors electronics
- Radio frequency transceivers design
- RF-CMOS Front-end (LNA, PA, Mixer, VCO, VGA)
- RFID systems
Digital System Architecture and Design
- Application specific, reconfigurable, and embedded architectures
- Networks-on-Chip, Network processor and router architectures
- Parallel and multi-core systems
- Ultra low power and energy efficient architecture design
- High Performance Computing/Processing Systems
- Security Architectures/Secure Design of Embedded Systems
- Neuromorphic computing
- High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC/H.265)
- Embedded Machine Vision Systems
- Wireless body area networks
Digital Signal Processing
- Image and Video Processing
- Speech and Audio processing
- Multi-dimension Signal Processing and Stochastic Processes
- Multimedia Systems
- Pattern Recognition
- Computer Vision and Image Analysis
- Adaptive Filtering Design
- Sparse Signal Processing and Applications
- Compressive sensing
- Biomedical Signal Processing
Wireless Communication Systems
- 5G Communication System
- Machine learning and deep learning applications in communication systems
- Broadband Wireless Systems
- PHY layer Design
- Coding for communication Systems
- Quantum commination
- Cognitive and software – Defined Radio
- PHY layer security
- Wireless-Optical Communication
Photonics Communications Systems
- Silicon Photonics and Photonic Crystals
- Visible Light Communications (VLC)
- Free-Space Optics (FSO)
- Digital Signal Processing for optical Communication
- Optical Space- Division Multiplexing (SDM)
- Coherent Light wave Systems
- Quantum information theory
Microwave Engineering and Remote Sensing
- Wireless Power Transfer Systems
- Microwave engineering applications of machine learning
- Nano- Antennas and passive Devices
- Antenna and Resonators for Imaging Technologies
- Microwave and 60GHz mm Wave Antennas and Circuits
- Antenna and Rectennas for IOT Applications
- Energy harvesting for Implantable and wearable devices
- Microwave and mm-wave wireless Energy harvesting
- Diagnostic and therapeutic Electromagnetic Applications
- Frequency and Time Domain Techniques for Antenna and Microwave Devices
- Reconfigurable Antennas and Arrays
- Novel Electromagnetic Materials
- Remote Sensing and Satellite Observation
- Microwave in quantum computing
- Chip less RFID
- Mm- wave and THz systems for sensing and communications
- Multi – Band Filter syntheses and design
- 3D- Printer antenna and RF components
- High performance architecture
- Matrix / Vector processing
- Processor architecture
- Performance Evaluation of parallel Architectures
- Multi-core / Many –core Processors
- Hardware visualization
- FPGA/ SystemC Implementation
- High Performance Computing
- Heterogeneous Systems/Accelerators
- HPC on the Cloud
- High Performance Embedded Systems
- Big Data Processing and Knowledge Discovery from Data
- Parallelizing Compilers
- Dynamic Binary Translation
- Analytical Performance Modelling
- Quantum Computing
- Neuro-Processing Acceleration
- Cloud Computing
- Wireless Networks
- Delay-tolerant networks
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Interconnected Vehicles
- Vehicular Ad-Hoc Networks
- Cellar Networks and 5G and Beyond
- Cloud/Centralized Radio Access Network (C-RAN)
- Fog/Edge Computing
- Indoor Localization
- Calibration-free localization
- GPS replacement technologies
- Device-free localization
- Device-free activity recognition
- Automatic construction of indoor floor plans
- Cognitive radio networks
- Software-defined networks
Computer Security and Cryptography
- Network Security
- Information Security and Cryptography
- Computer Security
- Wireless network security
- IoT Security
- Vehicular Network Security
- Smart City Security
- Cloud Security
- Cyber Security
- Homomorphic Encryption
- Machine Learning
- Computer-Aided Drug Design
- Road Traffic Control, Modeling, and Simulation
- Computational Robotics
- Human Activity Recognition
- Rigorous Simulation of Dynamical Systems
- Computable Analysis
- Deep Learning
- Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining
- AI and Multi-Agent Systems
- Natural Language Understanding
- Computational Intelligence
Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition:
- Object/Person/Face Detection
- Object/Face Recognition
- Object/People Tracking
- Human Activity Recognition
- Optical Character Recognition
- Image Segmentation
- 3D Computer Vision
- Feature Detection/Description/Matching
- Video Surveillance
- Large-Scale Visual Recognition
- Vision Computing on Modern Parallel Architectures
Theory and Analysis of Algorithms:
- Analysis of Algorithms
- Data Structures
- Computational Geometry
- Graph Algorithms
- Amortized Complexity
- Algorithms for Computer Graphics and Visualization
- Queuing Theory
- Stochastic Optimization
- Performance Evaluation
- Cognitive Radio Network
- Health Care Application
- Surgical Robots
- Rehabilitation Robots and Assistive Devices
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Prosthetic Devices
- Smart Medical Devices
- Bio-Inspired Robots
Magnetic Suspension and Bearing Systems
- Control of Magnetic Bearing Systems
- Applications of Magnetic Bearing in Medical Field
- Magnetically Levitated Wind Turbine
- Robots with Magnetic Bearing Joints
- Vibration Isolation Systems Using Magnetic Suspension
- Self-Bearing (Bearingless) Motors.
Intelligent Mechatronics Systems
- Flying/Walking Robot.
- Tele-Operation Systems.
- Aerial Manipulation Systems
- Multi-Locomotion Robots
- Legged Robots
- Wearable Vehicle
- Brain-Based Devices
- Micro/Nano Manipulation
- Parallel Manipulators
- Swarm Robots
- Intelligent control of Smart Actuators
- Nonlinear vibration system
- Smart Structures
Field and Service Robots
- Mobile Robot Exploration, Navigation and Control
- Rescue Robots
- Inspection Robot
- Climbing Robots
- Robot Motion Control in Unstructured Area
- Landmines Detection Robots
- Indoor Service Robot.
- Insect-Killing Robot
- Solar Powered Rover
- Autonomous Underwater Vehicles, AUV
- Agriculture Robots
- Mining Robots
- Forestry Robots
- Construction Robots
- Aerial-Underwater Robots
Micro/Nano Electro-Mechanical Systems
- Tactile Sensing Systems
- Smart Sensor/ Actuators
- Energy Harvesting Devices
- Micro Flying Robot
- Microfluidics Systems
Applied Operations Research Laboratory
Container Terminal Planning and Analysis Applications
- Integrated Berth Allocation and Quay Crane Assignment.
- Discrete Event Simulation applications.
- Container Vessel Stowage Planning.
- Operating Room Planning and Scheduling.
- Nurse Planning and Scheduling.
- Simulation optimization of healthcare operations.
Energy and sustainability Management Applications
- Smart Grid Management and Optimization Models.
- Crop planning and irrigation water management and optimization.
- Green Vehicle Routing Problem/Pollution routing problem.
- Electric vehicle related problems: charging stations location allocation
- Autonomous trucks logistics problems.
- Ride hailing/sharing models.
Supply Chain Management and applications
- Data analytics based inventory and production planning and
- The joint replenishment problem.
Conventional Machining Laboratory
- Modelling and Simulation of Metal Cutting Processes.
- Ultrasonic-Assisted Machining (Milling or Drilling).
- Machining of Hard-to-Cut Materials (Milling or Drilling)
- Machine-Tool / Milling Process Interaction.
- Chatter Occurrence and Prevention in Milling Processes.
- Dynamic Interaction between Feed Drive Systems and Cutting Process In Milling Machines.
Nano-materials for energy, sensing, environmental and electronic applications
- Perovskite, CTS, Organic and Quantum Dot Photovoltaic Solar Cells: Fundamental Investigation & Device Engineering.
- Nanomaterials for Gas Sensing Applications; Fundamental Investigation& Device Engineering.
- Carbon Nanostructured Materials (Graphene, Carbon Nanofibers and CNTs): Synthesis, Charactrization and Device Engineering in Supercacitors/Batteries/Fuel Cells applications.
- Nano-Piezo Electronic Materials: Approaches to Energy Scavenging.
- Strain Gauge Sensors: Materials and Fabrications.
- Thin Film and Bulk Nanostructured Thermoelectric Materials.
- Plasmonic Nanostructuted Materials as Photo-thermal Membranes.
- CNTs and Graphene-Based Materials for printed and Flexible Electronic Application.
- Photo catalysis and Environmental Catalysis for Hydrogen Generation and Fisher Tropcsh Synthesis.
- Modeling and Simulation of Nanostructured Materials for Science and Energy Systems.
- Corrosion and Super-hydrophobic Coatings with Self-healing Properties.
- Chitosan, Chitosan-Nanoparticles and Nanofibers Preparation and Characterization For Tissue Engineering And Drug Systems
- Electro spun Nanofibers and its Applications in Water Desalination and Energy
- Materials of Solar Water Desalination
- Materials of Solar Hydrogen Generation
Mechanics of materials: Modeling, Simulation and characterization (properties, stress, strain and displacement)
- Mechanics of Friction Stir Welding of Similar and Dissimilar Materials
- Mechanical Electrical Properties of Biological Materials and Heart Tissues
- Mechanics of Microforming and Micro-Laser Drilling
- Mechanical and Electrical Properties of Hydroxyapatite
- Modeling and Simulation of Nano-Pieso Electric Materials
- Multi-Physics and Multi-Scale Analysis Techniques.
- Evolution of Boundary Elements in Fracture Mechanics
- Material Models On Macro and Micro Levels for metals, polymer and nanocomposites
- Dynamic Mechanical Properties of Composites and Nano-Composites
- Laser Processing of Steels
- Hot Deformation of Metal Matrix Composites
- Formability of Ultrafine-Grained Structures
- Mechanical Processing of New TWIP Stainless Steels
- Evaluation of The Fatigue Performance of New High Strength Materials for Structural Engineering Applications
- Superplastic forming
- Stir casting of metal matrix composites
- Laser welding similar and dissimilar materials
- Crashworthiness of high strength steels, Modeling and Simulation, experiments
- Properties of advanced materials for thermal memory
- Hydroxyapetite : Preparation, Properties and Its Applications
<AFMM>Advanced Functional Metallic Materials (Design, Processing and Characterization)
- Ultra-High Strength, Super-Alloys and High Entropy Alloys
- Dental, Bio-Implants, And Bio-Degradable Metallic Materials
- Bulk-Nanostructure Materials and Severe Plastic Deformation
- Improved Castability and Cold Workability of Metals and Alloys
- Shape Memory and Superelastic Alloys for Sensing, Biomedical, And Structural Application
- Metal and Metal-Oxides Nano-Tubes and Nano-Rods (Production, Characterization and Applications
- Structural High Temperature Alloys for Power Plants Applications (Design, Production and Characterization)
- Bulk-Nanostructured Thermo-Electric Alloys
- Metals and oxides for radiation sensing and shielding.
- High Temperature Superconductors
Alternative Energy Systems Laboratory
- Concentrator Photovoltaic (CPV/T) systems-Design and fabrication-Performance analysis
- Thermal regulation of Concentrator Photovoltaic (CPV/T) systems using Nanotechnology
- Hybrid Concentrator Photovoltaic/Thermoelectric power generator (CPV/TEG/T)-Design and performance evaluation- Modeling & Experiments
- Wind Energy-Wind turbine aerodynamics - Modeling & Experiments
- Fuel Cell Technology (PEMFCs, DMFCs, and SOFCs)- Modeling & Experiments
- Solar Hydrogen production via Photoelectrochemical cells or Concentrator Photovoltaic/ Photoelectrochemical cells - Modeling & Experiments
- Spray systems and multi-phase flows- Modeling & Experiments
- Thermal Hydraulic of nuclear reactors- Modeling & Experiments
- Computational Fluid Dynamics and Heat Transfer with applications in energy systems
- Micro-and Nano scale flows- Modeling & Experiments
- Flow in porous media- Modeling & Experiments
- Multiscale Computations (Continuum-Meso), Molecular Dynamic Simulation with applications in biomedical engineering- Modeling & Experiments.
- Geothermal energy in industrial applications- Modeling & Experiments
- Integrated Concentrated Solar Power (CSP)- desalination systems- Modeling & Experiments
Thermo-fluids and their applications Laboratory
- Refrigeration and air conditioning
- Thermally-driven adsorption cooling systems
- Desiccant cooling systems
- Renewable energy-based hybrid adsorption-vapor compression refrigeration systems
- Solar-driven multigeneration systems
- Thermal energy storage using adsorption technology
- Hybrid adsorption cooling-desalination systems
- Solar energy utilization in water harvesting from atmospheric air
- Solar systems for energy-efficient housing
- Heat and mass transfer with applications to energy systems
- Power plants
Renewable Energy Systems Laboratory
- Thermal Regulation of PV Systems
- Design of solar energy system
- Thermoelectric System
- Renewable energy- driven seawater desalination
- Solar systems for energy-efficient housing
- Renewable energy systems
- Energy applications in buildings
- Thermal energy storage application in energy system
- Heat Pipe
- Heat and mass Transfer
- Thermochemical energy storage
For Electrical Power Engineering students:
- Study the performance of the doubly-fed induction generator
- Smart grids control and management
- Enhancing the performance of the PV control system
Fuels and Combustion Engines Laboratory
- Soot Compression Ignition Engines
- Alternative, Cleaner and Low-Grade Fuels
- Morphology and Nanostructure
- Nanoparticles Synthesis using CI engines and Flames
- Biomass Gasification and Carbonization
- Integrated Combustion-Renewable Energy systems
- Spray and Liquid Atomization
- Droplet Heating and Evaporation
Energy Storage Laboratory
- Management the energy storage in electric vehicle
- Improving the control technique in hybrid energy storage
- Performance assessments of batteries, power conversion equipment, capacitor systems, in smart micro grids.
Waste Treatment and Management Laboratory
- Waste Treatment and Management
- Biofuels and bio-fertilizers production from solid wastes
- Waste Recycling
- Sludge Treatment
- Advanced Oxidation Processes
- Application of water chemistry and microbiology for treatment of organic and inorganic pollutant
- Water quality and health risk assessment
- Sustainability and sustainable development
- Environmental impact assessment
- Sustainable cities
- In-plant Control
- Cleaner Production
- Climate change
- Related SDGs 2030
Natural Resources Engineering Laboratory
Nonconventional Water Resources
- Solar Stills (SS) and integrated SS-HDH-MD systems
- Hybrid Thermal and membrane desalination
- Renewable Energy & Geothermal Energy Driven Desalination
- Nuclear - Desalination
- Water-Energy-Food Nexus
- Agriculture Greenhouse - Desalination systems
- Solar Dryers & water Recovery
- Tri - hybrid generation of water, electricity and cooling system
- Integrated Adsorption Cooling – Desalination Systems
- CFD Analysis of Desalination systems
- Other desalination related R&D Applications
- Energy Efficiency Improvement in Building Sector (Architecture Engineering)
- Energy Conservation in Industrial Sector
Air Quality Laboratory
- Air Pollution Assessment and Control
- Climate Change and Sustainability (Greenhouse Effect)
- Indoor Air Quality Improvement Techniques
- Assessment of Emissions from Industries and Minimization Techniques
- Implementation of Nanotechnology for Pollution Control and Detection
- Sensors and Detectors Technology
Environmental Assessment and Management Labratory
- Sustainability and Sustainable Development
- Environmental Impact Assessment
- Environmental Management for Sustaining a Green Environment
- Green Healthcare Units
- Sustainable buildings and cities
- Passive architecture and urban environment
- Building energy efficiency
- Adapting urban planning for climate change
- Thermal mitigation effects of urban vegetation
- Natural ventilation efficiency of houses by using computational techniques
Design and Applications of separation Processes
Improving the performance and design of a new systems suitable for separation processes such as, Distillation, Liquid-Liquid Extraction, Gas Absorption, Adsorption, Membrane Separation, etc.
Desalination using solar Energy
- Design of new solar collectors using nanofluids and its applications in water desalination
- Desalination Using Capacitive Deionization Techniques.
Design of wastewater treatment units and its applications
- Advanced Oxidation Techniques such as Plasma for Water Purification.
- Photocatalysis and its applications in water treatment
- Using New materials as ion exchange for water treatment
- Preparation of New electrodes and it applications for wastewater treatment by electrooxidation techniques.
Preparation of Nano-materials and its applications
- Ion exchange
- Fuel cells
- Preparation of New Smart Materials and its applications for corrosion control
Catalysis and its applications.
- Photocataysis and its applications in wastewater treatment, Production of new chemical and petrochemical materials.
- Electrocatalysis and its Applications in Supercapacitors, Batteries, Sensors and Biosensors.
- Enzyme-catalysis and its applications in wastewater treatment, production of foodstuffs and pharmaceutical materials.
Membrane fabrication and modifications and its applications in
- Desalination and Ultrafiltration processes.
- Fuel cells and Hydrogen production
- Separation processes.
Design of Micro-reactor and its applications such as:
- Preparation of fine chemicals, food stuffs and pharmaceutical drugs, etc.
Development of new polymeric materials:
- Composites, insulators, fibrous materials and conducting polymers, etc.
Biodiesel production from agricultural and oil wastes.