Posted : 07/01/2022
Deadline : 07/02/2022
Egypt Japan University of Science and Technology is research oriented governmental university with a unique nature, It was established based on a cooperation agreement between the Egyptian and Japanese government in New Borg Al-Arab city, Alexandria. E-JUST utilizes the experience gained from the Japanese educational systems and academic concepts that are based on practical teaching methods and undertaking research projects to foster the educational process. E-JUST aims at offering modern academic programs and establishing centers of excellence for the basic and applied research projects that serve both the local and regional communities.
Due to the expansion in the academic programs offered by E-JUST and different research fields, E-JUST announces the need to fill the following vacancies
“Assistant Professor – Associate Professor – Professor”
Working Days: 5 days / Week (Sunday through Thursday)
Job Type: Secondment or contracting
Renewal: Annually (based on performance appraisal)
- Electronics and Communication Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical power Engineering
- Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering
- Industrial and manufacturing Engineering
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Energy Resources Engineering
- Chemical and Petrochemicals Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- International Business and Humanities
- Accounting and Information Systems
- Human Resources Management
- Organizational Behavior and Management
- Basic and Applied Science
- Computer Science
- Artificial Intelligence and Data Science
- Computer Networks and Cyber Security
- Applicants must be Egyptians
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. degree in a relevant field.
- Applicants must have obtained their Ph.D. degree from a reputable Egyptian or international university.
- Applicants must have a stellar scientific publication record that matches their academic rank (Number of Publications – Journal Ranking – H-Index – Citation).
- Applicants must be able to teach using active learning methods.
- Applicants must be able to plan and deliver lectures and seminars.
- Applicants must have obtained their Ph.D. degree at least 3 years ago.
- Applicants must have the need qualifications to teach and contribute to scientific research.
- The age ceiling for the assistant professor position is 40 years old and for the associate professor position is 45 years.
- Applicants must be understanding of the university’s research-oriented nature.
- Teaching and conducting students’ evaluation and exams.
- Conducting original and innovative research.
- Providing consultations through E-JUST.
- Supervising academic thesis, students’ research, and students’ academic, cultural, and social activities.
- Follow up with students.
- Academic supervision.
- Participating in councils and committees.
- Devoting his time for his academic duties at the university and maintaining E-JUST standing and reputation in the fields of teaching, research, supervision, and management.
- Contributing to community service according to the standards set by the university.
- Taking part in the university’s managerial activities.
- Implementing quality assurance and accreditation procedures and policies in all teaching and research activities taking place in all departments and schools.
- Teaching Statement
- Research Statement
- 2 Recommendation Letter (one of them must speak to the applicant’s teaching and research ability).