- Location: Egypt Japan University of Science and Technology, Borg El Arab
- Working Type: Full Time
- Working Days : Sunday – Thursday
- Working Hours : 9.00 Am to 4.00 Pm
- Job Location : New Borg Alarab City – E-Just
- Position Category : Staff
- Job Grade : Specialist
- Affiliating : School of electronics , communication and computer science
Lab Engineer – Parallel Computing Lab, Computer Science and Engineering Dept
- Assisting in Research: Since the lab engineer has constant exposure to lab equipment and machines, it will be advantageous when the lab engineer takes research assignments and works on them. These assignments include running simulation experiments, optimization models and data analysis; as well as help in administrating the lab cloud computer (based on OpenNebula)
- Organizing Workflow: There are many courses, research assistants, teaching assistants and inter-lab connections, which requires a lot of planning and organization so that neither the teaching nor the research is impacted.
- Procuring Materials: Students, faculty members and research assistants require various materials to do their projects and research, which entails that the lab engineer seek the best sources for procurement. Equipment and machines are procured, and some test materials are purchased from franchises or directly from abroad.
- Problem Solving: For efficient maintenance of the work flow, the lab engineer should be able to solve problems with the lab equipment without having to wait for the maintenance contractor’s visit.
- Events: There are different events prepared by the University during the school year. The engineer should help in booth preparation and lab tours.
More Specific Details Include:
- Manages and directs the activities of assigned personnel in the University Laboratories.
- Schedules the lab sessions and assigns the proper graduate assistants.
- Coordinates with the professors concerned to receive advice regarding course and final- year projects intended for students. Studies projects and ensures that all requirements are met. Coordinates the preparation of appropriate work areas for students, sets up the required tools, equipment, materials, infrastructure, and protocols of experiments and tests and calibrates equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Participates with faculty members and students carrying out research work. Contributes technical knowledge to the design, upgrade, and revision of experiments.
- Coordinates with faculty members to prepare orders for updating equipment and infrastructure to meet educational standards.
- Responsible for planning and introducing new experiments in in coordination with faculty members.
- Contributes to the formulation and modification of administrative and technical procedures adopted in the laboratories, and ensures such procedures are followed. This includes preparations for laboratory sessions, dispensing tools, equipment, components, materials etc., to students; regulating student access to manuals and data books.
- Performs other related duties such as maintaining and updating a data base on equipment catalogs, manuals, data books, protocols of experiments, ensuring observance by subordinates of fire and safety regulations and the practice of good housekeeping, salvaging tools and materials where possible, etc.
- Prepares all needed data and creating and improving the department web site
Job Requirement & Skills:
- Bachelor of computer science engineering or a related field is a must.
- Previous experience in open-source and linux based systems including cloud computing
- Previous experience in education field is preferred.
- Excellent command in English language
- Excellent in using MS office.
- Age is not more than 35 Years old.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, probe, analyze and solve complex issues.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective prioritization and follow-up.
University Benefit Scheme
|Private Medical Insurance||Yes|
|Annual Contract Based||Yes|
- Interview and / or other appropriate assessment methods, as require
Deadline of application
21 July 2020
How to Apply:
Thanks you for your interest in working with us If you want and find yourself capable to join our team please fill the below application and upload your updated CV with updated personal photo and experience certificates if exist.