- Title: Lab Engineer
- School : School of Innovative Design Engineering
- Department : Materials Science and Engineering
- Gender: Male or Female
- Position Level: Staff (Specialist)
- Location: Egypt Japan University of Science and Technology, Borg El Arab
- Working Type: Full Time
- Working Days : 5 days
- Weekend : 2 days
- Job Location : Egypt Japan University of Science and Technology, New Borg El Arab
Lab Engineer at “Materials for Environmental and Biomedical Applications Lab”.
- Assisting in Research: Since the lab engineer has constant exposure to lab equipment and machines, it will be advantageous when the lab engineer takes research assignments and works on them. These assignments include (but not limited to) running synthesis and characterization experiments of nanomaterials, membranes, and bioinks used for different applications including water/wastewater treatment, biotechnology, and electronic/optoelectronic devices.
- Organizing Workflow: There are many courses, research assistants, teaching assistants and inter-lab connections, which requires a lot of planning and organization so that neither the teaching nor the research is impacted.
- Procuring materials and equipment: Students, faculty members and research assistants require various materials to do their projects and research, which entails that the lab engineer seek the best sources for procurement. Equipment and materials are procured, and some test materials are purchased from franchises or directly from abroad.
- Problem Solving: For efficient maintenance of the workflow, the lab engineer should be able to solve problems with the lab equipment without having to wait for the maintenance contractor’s visit.
More Specific Details Include:
- Manages and directs the activities of assigned personnel in the University Laboratories.
- Schedules the lab sessions and assigns the proper graduate assistants.
- Coordinates with the professors concerned to receive advice regarding course and projects intended for students and ensures that all requirements are met.
- Coordinates the preparation of appropriate work areas for students, sets up the required tools, equipment, materials, infrastructure, and protocols of experiments and calibrates equipment to ensure proper functioning.
- Participates with faculty members and students carrying out research work. Contributes technical knowledge to the design, upgrade, revision, and reporting of the experiments.
- Coordinates with faculty members to prepare orders for equipment and materials to meet educational standards.
- Responsible for planning and introducing new experiments in in coordination with faculty members.
- Contributes to the formulation and modification of the administrative and technical procedures adopted in the laboratories, and ensures such procedures are followed. This includes preparations for laboratory sessions, dispensing tools, equipment, components, materials etc., to students, regulating student access to manuals and data books.
- Performs other related duties such as maintaining and updating a data base on equipment catalogs, manuals, data books, protocols of experiments, ensuring observance by subordinates of fire and safety regulations and the practice of good housekeeping, salvaging tools, and materials where possible, etc.
- Prepares all needed data and creating and improving the department web site.
Job Requirement & Skills:
- Bachelor of Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology) or Engineering (Chemical Eng., Materials Eng., Biomedical Eng.) is a must.
- Previous experience in the synthesis and characterization of nanomaterials and cell culture experiments is required.
- Long term commitment for the position is required.
- Previous experience in managing research labs is required.
- Previous experience in education/practical training field is preferred.
- Excellent command in English language.
- Excellent in using MS office and simulation/design tools and software.
- Age is not more than 30 Years old.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, probe, analyze and solve complex issues.
- Strong organizational skills, including effective prioritization and follow-up.
University Benefits Scheme
|Private Medical Insurance||Yes|
|Annual Contract Based||Yes|
Interview and / or other assessments are required.
Deadline of application
Jan. 7th, 2021
- As a part of our hiring policy, it is not permitted to hire from administrative Staff relatives up to fourth degree.
- For processing your employment application your personal and employment references may be checked If you have misrepresented or omitted any facts on this application and are subsequently hired m you may be dismissed from your job
- We may ask you to provide written references
How to Apply:
Thank you for your interest in working with us. If you believe yourself capable of joining our team, please fill in the application below and upload your updated CV with an updated personal photo and experience certificates, if available.