Prof. Ahmed Abdel Moneim, Dean of the Institute of Basic and Applied Sciences, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology, emphasized that Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology has an edge making it unique among all the other Egyptian universities

Prof. Ahmed Abdel Moneim, Dean of the Institute of Basic and Applied Sciences, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology, emphasized that Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology has an edge making it unique among all the other Egyptian universities since it is mainly a research university with a 40% population of researchers and scientists, and a remaining 60% of undergraduate students. Additionally, all research universities around the world share a distinctive feature as their students are exposed to the latest research and technologies in the world, which qualifies them for the labor market.

Prof. Abdel Moneim assured “Al-Masry Al-Youm” newspaper that the University is eager to allocate specialized centers and laboratories for nanotechnology, which aim at the maximum utilization of different materials. As nanotechnology is based on the concept of smaller-sized material, more benefits can be gained and derived from its properties. Those specialized centers and laboratories aim at producing new technologies and gadgets with sensory and diagnostic abilities based on nanotechnology, which was not possible in the past, and that can be employed in all fields like medicine, physics, and chemistry. Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology researchers and scientists have been aware of the importance of “graphene”, known as a magical and miraculous substance, since it was discovered in 2010. Hence, they established a specialized laboratory for graphene research. Moreover, through their research and cooperation with several countries, they acquired a world-class status in the field of nanotechnology. Additionally, Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology researchers and scientists have received great support from the Egyptian government to establish the first scientific laboratory for graphene research as presented by Prof. Abdel Moneim to President El-Sisi during the inauguration of the University facilities last month.

Prof. Abdel Moneim said that Egypt lacks technical education and we do not have international universities to cope with the industrial revolution trending now. He continued, “Every year, countries are ranked according to their activities and contributions in various fields such as nanotechnology, engineering, and physics. We succeeded in acquiring a well-recognized status in the periodic scientific publications in the most prestigious journals in the world. However, there is a more important aspect, that we should focus on, other than the scientific publication, which is the value added to the scientific research.”

Speaking about the objective of establishing Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology, Prof. Abdel Moneim emphasized that the university does not aim for a financial profit but rather the human development in the Arab region and Africa by providing distinguished educational and research services and graduating distinguished batches of students. These well-developed and well-educated graduates will lead an educational breakthrough and set new ground-breaking competition rules in the international labor market.

Prof. Abdel Moneim assured that the University supports the distinguished but financially incapable students by offering several full scholarships to students with high Thanawaya Amma scores, as well as STEM school graduates.