Engineering is the activity of using scientific understanding and technical knowledge to create useful devices and processes, and management is the activity of delivering them to people at an affordable price which covers the cost of inventing, manufacturing and selling them. Without business, many of the products of the creative genius of science and engineering might never be made available to the general public. Therefore, the collaboration of these two fields will provide students with a solid ground for convergence between technological and business education. The important value added for technology-based businesses is the development of graduates who can develop real answers to real problems. Real answers are not solely technologically feasible but can be implemented with a realistic and credible business approach.
The integration between these two fields will have the following advantages:
- Opportunity for students to explore both their management and technical potential
- High rates of employment at graduation
- More rapid progression to senior management positions.
Besides the above aspects, below are what distinguishes SIB from other existing business programs in Egypt:
- Applying Japanese Education Experience
- Japanese business education
- Japanese culture learning and character building
- Japanese educational method
- Development of Global Business Leaders
- Linking engineering expertise with business opportunities
- Liberal arts education as university requirement
- English as the medium of instruction for all courses
- Full credit-hour system from undergraduate curricula for flexible learning
- Emphasis of ethical thinking and peace building
- Practical experience through international internship
- World-Class Education and Research Environment
- Top-class research laboratory and equipment
- Career development education and support
- Full on-campus living environment
- Small-sized classrooms
- Top-class academic experts acquired through international selection process
- Eco-friendly campus with leading technology
With this idea in mind, the SIB envisions to create a distinct world-class centre of excellence for business education and research. Our school’s idea supports this vision by offering a strong higher education and research for students, academic staff and researchers in the region and beyond. By providing pioneering new interdisciplinary fields, we aim to deepen the understanding of business issues while catering up-to date technologies which is required to create a sustainable society in the Middle East and Africa.
At SIB our vision is to create a distinct world class centre of excellence for business education and research. Our school’s idea supports this vision by offering a better higher education and research for students, academic staff and researchers in the region and beyond. By providing pioneering new interdisciplinary fields, we aim to deepen the understanding of business issues while catering up-to date technologies which is required to create a sustainable society in The Middle East and Africa.
To provide superior educational system for business students at higher education and research level in Egypt and the region, by fostering the Japanese educational standards and offering pragmatic and innovative solutions. We strive to create the leaders of tomorrow and bring creative, innovative, and entrepreneurial solutions for many of the local, national and regional problems. SIB will have a global outlook, ethical understanding and the capacity to work effectively in an international business environment and support the establishment of strong business, technical and commercial ties between Japanese industries and organizations, and their counterparts in countries and regions which are served by E-JUST.
- To introduce new and advanced interdisciplinary academic programs and promote multidisciplinary team work experience.
- To provide society and Industry with competent personnel and future leaders equipped with Japanese management concepts and techniques, and able to transfer ideas from basic research to a marketable product where:
- SIB will mutually collaborate with the Faculty of Engineering and Applied Science in education, research and community service to enhance business knowledge and other soft skills for engineering and applied science students and on the other hand, technical knowledge of business students.
- SIB will create new market spaces that merge parts of the higher education sector with other sectors, such as media, technology, innovation, venture capital and the like, through the collaboration with qualified human resources from business society and other community sectors in planning and executing of teaching, research, consultancy, and providing community services.
- Business programs are usually closer to the society and deal directly with business and social problems, so SIB will help in enhancement of E-JUST visibility, brand image, reputation, goodwill, and trust as entrepreneurial University.
- As has been considered in the feasibility study of E-JUST, SIB will play a significant role in E-JUST financial sustainability.