Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST)
الجامعة المصرية اليابانية للعلوم والتكنولوجيا
Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) is a research university with an ambition to cultivate an academic environment and become a benchmark for the Egyptian and African countries in education. It was first established as a bilateral agreement project between the Egyptian and Japanese governments in May 2009 and later in 2010 it was ready to accept its first batch of students and make the dream a reality.
There is a strong relationship between both governments where they both divide the cooperation cohesively to ensure positive results. The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) fully supports EJUST by sending their administrative and academic experts to assist and guide in the technical and managerial system of the university, as well as sending academic experts from the Japanese Supporting University Consortium (JSUC) to support in teaching, conducting joint research and co-supervising graduate students. Additionally, they provide state-of-the-art machinery, equipment and tools for research purposes. The Egyptian government fully runs and financially supports the university, which is managed by Egyptian members from both the academic and administrative staff.
All decisions that govern the university are made through its Board of Trustees (BOT) which is composed of 15 prominent figures from Egypt and Japan. They represent stakeholders from the government, as well as members from the academic field and industry from both countries.
To be a world class university in science and technology based on best Japanese higher education practices.
- To become a role model for higher education, research and innovation in Egypt by adapting the Japanese educational standards, policies and systems.
- To achieve international recognition of E-JUST Academic degrees.
- To enhance and improve the human resources in Egypt and the region through Japanese style active experimental learning.
- To foster innovation based economy in Egypt, the Arab World, Africa and the Middle East.
- To implement a state-of-the-art educational system based on Japanese academic concepts and relying on a laboratory-based, project-based and problem-based learning system.
- To introduce modern and advanced interdisciplinary academic programs.
- To establish Centers of Excellence for basic and applied research related to communities, industries and the environment.
- To promote multidisciplinary teamwork skills.
- To build partnerships with key Japanese academic and research institutions as well as industrial companies to conduct applied research that would expose students and faculty members to real life research activities, and acquaint them with the Japanese systems, know-how and advanced technologies.
- To build strong interaction mechanisms with the local and regional industries.
- National university based on a partnership between Egypt and Japan.
- A first class, leading university meant to serve Egypt, the Middle East and Africa.
- Role model for Egypt’s 21st century universities and Higher Education reform in Egypt.
- Research-oriented university.
- Japanese-style approach (lab-based education, practical implementation and problem-solving).
- Unique academic programs (close interaction with the industry, multidisciplinary research, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) utilization …etc)
E-JUST currently accepts students who wish to continue their studies for a Master (M.Sc.) or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in 3 different schools specialized in 8 different departments in the field of Engineering, they are:
Electronics, Communications and Computer Engineering [ECCE School]
- Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
- Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
Innovative Design Engineering [IDE School]
- Industrial Engineering and Management Systems (IEM)
- Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
- Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering (MTR)
Energy, Environment and process Engineering (EEC School)
- Energy Resources Engineering (ERE)
- Chemicals and Petrochemicals Engineering (CPE)
- Environmental Engineering (ENV)
Institute of Basic and Applied Sciences
- Applied and Computational Mathematics (ACM)
- Energy Materials
Faculty of International Business and Humanities
- School of International Business(BIS)
- School of Humanities(SoH)
EJUST Study in Japan Programs:
E-JUST, with the cooperation of Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) in Egypt and Japanese Supporting University Consortium (JSUC), prepared a program for Ph.D. students to have the opportunity to study and conduct their research in Japan with partner universities for a period of 6-9 months.