Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST)
الجامعة المصرية اليابانية للعلوم والتكنولوجيا
Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology (E-JUST) is a research university with the ambition to cultivate an academic environment and become a benchmark for the Egyptian and African countries in education. It was first established as a bilateral agreement project between the Egyptian and Japanese governments in May 2009 and later in 2010 it was ready to accept its first batch of students and make the dream a reality.
Both governments have a strong relation where they both divide the cooperation cohesively to ensure positive results. The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) fully supports EJUST by sending their administrative and academic experts for assisting and guiding in the technical and management system of the university, as well as sending academic experts from the Japanese Supporting University Consortium (JSUC) to support in teaching, conduct join research and co-supervising the graduate students. In addition to providing high level technology of machines, equipment and tools for research purposes. As for the Egyptian government, it fully runs the university financially and is administered by Egyptian members for both the academic and administrative staff.
All decisions that govern the university are done through its Board of Trustees (BOT) members whom are composed of 15 prominent figures from Egypt and Japan. They represent stakeholders from the government, academic and industrial field from both countries.
– A status of national and international recognition.
– A first class international academic institution known worldwide for the high standards of its educational system, the high standard of its graduates and for the achievements of its research centers.
– A world class center of excellence for higher education and research with regional and global reach.
– One of the top 500 international universities within 10 years.
– A success story and a living proof of the Egyptian and Japanese cooperation that promotes human development in the region and the world.
– To become a role model for graduate education and research institutions in Egypt by fostering the Japanese educational standards, policies, and systems. In this regard, EJUST will foster links of collaboration between the Egyptian and Japanese academic institutions.
– To award academic degrees to EJUST’s special graduates a high status of international recognition and accreditation certificates from local and international accrediting bodies.
– To contribute in the enhancement and improvement of human resources in the region, by providing high level educational system and to offer pragmatic and innovative solutions for human needs.
– To promote and support the establishment of a strong business, technical and commercial ties between Japanese industries and organizations, and their counterparts in countries and regions which are served by EJUST.
– To implement a state of the art educational system based on the Japanese academic concepts and founded on laboratory-based, project-based and problem-based learning system.
– To introduce a modern and advanced interdisciplinary academic programs.
– To establish Centers of Excellence for basic and applied research related to communities, industries and the environment.
– To promote multidisciplinary teamwork skills.
– To build partnerships with key Japanese academic and research institutions as well as industrial companies for conducting applied research that would expose the students and faculty members to the real life research activities, and getting them acquainted with the Japanese systems’ know-how and advanced technologies.
– To build strong interaction mechanisms with the local and regional industries.
- National university based on partnership between Egypt and Japan.
- A first class, leading university to serve Egypt, Middle East and Africa.
- Role model for Egypt’s 21st century universities and Higher Education reform in Egypt.
- Research oriented university.
- Japanese style approach (Lab Based Education, Practical and Problem-Solving Oriented).
- Unique academic programs (Close interaction with the Industry, multidisciplinary, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) utilization …etc)
EJUST currently accepts students whom wish to continue their studies for Master (M.Sc.) or Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in 3 different schools specialized in 8 different departments in the field of Engineering, they are:
– Electronics, Communications and Computer Engineering [ECE School]
> Electronics and Communications Engineering (ECE)
> Computer Science and Engineering (CSE)
– Innovative Design Engineering [IDE School]
> Industrial Engineering and Management Systems (IEM)
> Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
> Mechatronics and Robotics Engineering (MTR)
– Energy, Environment and process Engineering (EEC School)
> Energy Resources Engineering (ERE)
> Chemicals and Petrochemicals Engineering (CPE)
> Environmental Engineering (ENV)
-Institute of Basic and Applied Sciences
>Applied and Computational Mathematics (ACM)
-Faculty of International Business and Humanities
>School of International Business(BIS)
> School of Humanities(SoH)
EJUST Study in Japan Programs:
EJUST, with the cooperation of Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE) in Egypt and Japanese Supporting University Consortium (JSUC), prepared a program for Ph.D. students to have an opportunity to study and conduct their research in Japanese with its partner universities for period of 6-9 months.